Why join AOPA?
AOPA membership offers significant individual benefits as well as supporting the growth of the profession nationally.
Network and keep in touch NATIONALLY
As an AOPA member you will be part of an Association that represents 75%* of the practicing profession nationally. Membership will enable you to become part of a united community that is striving to advance the profession and increase recognition at a state and national level.
AOPA provides numerous networking opportunities for members through face-to-face education events, volunteer committee positions, online webinars and the member only Linked-In Group.
Support national standards
AOPA membership is your statement of support for clear national standards for the profession. AOPA self-regulates the profession through the establishment of standards that the membership upholds. Through membership you are joining like-minded orthotist/prosthetists who commit to these standards.
Grow Your Knowledge
AOPA members have access to numerous Accredited CPD events and conferences annually, often at great member only rates. This includes the highly regarded annual AOPA Congress which has a strong clinical focus to support you in everyday client treatment and evidence-based practice. Our online CPD Tracker automatically records each episode of professional development you undertake with us, as well as allowing you to record additional CPD that you complete independently or with other education providers.
Member only resources and publications
The member only section of the AOPA website provides access to significant resources including state and federal submissions, the AOPA member only logo, specific AOPA developed member resources, professional indemnity insurance information, member grants and a calendar of education events. AOPA members also receive exclusive updates and publications, including:
- A hard copy of the biannual Association magazine, The AOPA Review
- Regular e-News updates which detail current Association activities and alert you to upcoming CPD events
- Access to the member only Linked-In Group
Raising the Professions' Profile
AOPA is the only organisation in Australia that advocates exclusively for the interest of orthotist/prosthetists. AOPA is well connected at state and federal levels and communicates regularly with Government bodies and agencies including, but not limited to, the Department of Health, Health Workforce Australia, State based artificial limb schemes and insurance and accidents schemes.
Professional Protection through Indemnity Insurance
AOPA recognises the importance of orthotist/prosthetists having the right protection in professional practice and have forged a strong partnership with Guild Insurance.
- AOPA refers members to Guild for liabilities and business insurances.
- Guild works with AOPA to provide specialist insurance that meets members’ needs at a competitive price.
- Guild provides AOPA with financial support through referral fees related to the number of AOPA members taking out Guild policies. These referral fees have been used to deliver extended services to members.
* Based on ABS 2006 census results, the Australian orthotic/prosthetic industry includes 345 professionals